Milgard is one of the largest and most trusted names in windows and doors. Whether you’re doing a full home remodel, new construction, or replacement, we have windows and doors in shapes and styles that can be used in combinations to improve the beauty, comfort and energy efficiency of your home.
Beautiful, natural, wood interior. Strong fiberglass exterior
Durability — the Story behind Fiberglass
What is fiberglass? It’s a composite structural material consisting of fiber reinforcements, typically glass, bound together in a resin matrix. Used in many applications from household fixtures (tub surrounds) to car bodies and aircraft fuselages. By using fiberglass as a structural core and exterior, Essence Series windows are strong, durable and easy to maintain in any climate.
Milgard’s own fiberglass pultrusion process enables us to make the complex profiles required for the exterior look of painted wood windows. Because fiberglass is known for its strength, durability and performance, Essence exteriors:
- Are scratch, dent and impact-resistant
- Unaffected by time or temperature
- Impervious to water, cold, & heat
- Withstand the corrosive effectives of salt air and pollutants
Our proprietary powder-coat process uses a similar electrostatic technique as the auto industry to produce baked-on, sag-free, extremely durable exterior finishes that:
- Resist scratches and gouges
- Provide better color stability that withstands the construction process and weathers well
- Takes paint easily with excellent adhesion
Essence Series windows and doors have an exterior coating so tough, an AAMA Gold Label Certification is expected upon completion of testing.